How to keep the hallway clean when the street is dirty?
5 effective ways to deal with dirt in the hallway
- Lay a rug just outside the door. Take his choice seriously. A good mat absorbs a lot of water, retains dirt and is easily washed. If you vacuum it first from the front side, and then from the back, you will see how much dirt it does not let into your house!
- Do not wash the dirty floor right away. Overcome this desire, wait until it dries, and then sweep or vacuum it. Dry dirt is much easier to collect, and when you rub a wet, dirty floor with a rag, then, on the contrary, spread it further.
- But now you can wash, but do not take a mop and a rag. It is easier to do this: - vacuum the dried dirt or sweep it with a brush; - spray a little universal cleaner on a damp paper towel and wipe the stains that have fallen on the floor and walls (you can not wash it off); - treat non-washed complex stains (old dirt or strips from shoes ) using paper towels with vinegar or a melamine sponge.
- Use what is at hand: - hang a brush made of natural bristles at the entrance to a handle or hook to brush away any adhering dirt before stepping over the threshold - old towels to wipe shoes or dog paws with them - place a tray, baking sheet or other container at the entrance to collect water and dirt, flowing down from shoes. At the bottom of the tray place an absorbent cork mat or old newspapers
- Follow the rule: the entrance hall is not a discharge point. Put each child's basket for storing boots, sports equipment, and a backpack. Immediately dispose of unnecessary mail and papers, do not accumulate them on free surfaces. Set up a separate paper waste bin.
When the street is damp and dirty, maintaining order in the hallway is the most difficult. When you enter your home, it’s enough to take four steps so that 85% of the street dirt adhering to your shoes stays on the floor. Therefore, a good antisplash mat should lie in front of the entrance.
Things must breathe
Constant dampness can ruin clothes.
|TUMBLE DRYER||BASKETS FOR STORAGE||WALL HOOKS|
|Damp clothing should not hang in a closed cabinet. Find a place for compact laundry drying.||Baskets that can be put on a shelf or in a wardrobe are a great option for any accessories.||Suitable for coats, jackets, keys and dog leashes. Be sure to find a place for them.|
|Folding multi-tier drying towers from Leifheit (Germany), Eurodom will not take up much space.||Wicker and fabric are better than wood, plastic and metal, because they do not retain moisture.||In order for the wet coat to dry faster, do not hang it immediately on the hook, first put it on your shoulders.|
I want to receive useful tips in the mail.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.